Our charities meet specific tests of fiscal accountability, governance, and programmatic impact participate in Aid for Africa. To participate, an organization must:
- be an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization;
- provide services in at least 15 different states or one foreign country over the three-year period immediately preceding the application;
- provide a signed copy of the most recently completed IRS Form 990;
- be governed by an independent board of directors, the majority of whom serve without compensation, and
- clearly demonstrate that it has provided real services, benefits, assistance or other program activities in Sub Saharan Africa and, in some cases, for African refugees and emigrants.
Aid for Africa is not accepting new members.