Hope Through Health
Hope Through Health (HTH) empowers communities in Africa and mobilizes communities in the United States to ensure that the highest standard of healthcare is available to individuals regardless of their ability to pay. HTH currently supports the Community-Directed HIV Initiative, a partnership with a community-based association of people living with HIV/AIDS that provides comprehensive medical care and psychosocial support to more than 2,000 individuals living with HIV/AIDS in the Kara region of Togo, West Africa. In addition, the Initiative provides medical and psychosocial services and five specialized programs including
- home visits,
- medications for opportunistic infections,
- nutritional assistance and vitamin supplementation,
- antiretroviral therapy,
- prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV, and
- support for orphans and vulnerable children.
HTH was founded in the spirit of social justice to promote health as a human right. Our mission is to support community-based health programs for the poor and to share lessons and build solidarity through global partnerships. Through these partnerships, our ultimate goal is to develop and expand community-based health care systems that provide the highest possible standard of treatment and support for poor people living with HIV/AIDS.
Hope Through Health is classified as a 501(c)(3) organization. Click below to view our most recent independent audit and IRS Form 990.
Donate Now to Hope Through Health
Join Hope Through Health’s Stand With Us Campaign! For only $20 a month you can provide comprehensive care to an adult or child living with HIV in Togo.
A one-time donation to Hope Through Health can also have a big impact.
- $25 provides school fees and books for 1 AIDS orphan
- $50 provides HIV tests for 25 people
- $100 provides nutrition support for 3 kids for 1 year
- $200 provides prevention of mother to child transmission services for 1 pregnant woman
- $240 provides comprehensive care for 1 person for 1 year
- $500 provides for the operation of 1 rural clinic for 1 month
Hope Through Health accepts qualified volunteers for a minimum stay of three months at one of our sites in Togo. Volunteers must meet French language fluency, health-related experience, and educational requirements.
To donate to this member charity by check, please print our designation form and mail it with your check to
Aid for Africa
P.O. Box 8734
Topeka, KS 66608
CFC number explanation