A donation of $10 can:
- Provide 10 children with an effective treatment for malaria
- Protect 500 old growth trees for one year
- Send $20 worth of medical supplies to an African country
A donation of $20 can:
- Buy 52 books for school children
- Supply 10 treatments of antibiotics for sick children
A donation of $100 can:
- Provide school and personal supplies for 2 students for one school year
- Buy goats for two families or widows with children
Make a Donation
Aid for Africa is a unique partnership of select nonprofit organizations, all dedicated to solving the complex, inter-related challenges facing Sub Saharan Africa. Whether we are distributing books to school children, introducing medical strategies to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS, supporting small businesses for women, or finding new approaches to protect endangered elephants and lions, Aid for Africa members are working to build a better future for Africa’s children, families, and communities. Our charity organizations:
- Are fully vetted, meeting some of the strictest tests of fiscal accountability, governance, and programmatic impact in philanthropy.
- Have a track-record of introducing innovative solutions to seemingly intractable problems.
- Partner with each other and share best practices for maximum efficiency and top results.
A one-time donation to Aid for Africa helps support the work of all our member charities. You can also donate to one of our member charities directly by clicking on the first letter of the name of the organization on the list below.
Empowers poor African children, women and families to escape poverty through community-based self-help programs that improve health, expand education, create businesses, and protect wildlife.
Builds and improves schools in South Africa and Malawi serving children ages 5 to 21, 40% of whom are AIDS orphans. We work to get buildings built, provide emergency funds to help kids stay in school, and facilitate cultural exchanges/overseas travel.
Helps African orphans and children living in extreme poverty lead healthier, more productive lives. Program priorities emphasize the education, well-being, and safety of young girls and the fight against female genital mutilation and childhood marriage.
Supports Ashesi University, a liberal arts college in Ghana with the mission of educating a new generation of ethical, entrepreneurial leaders in Africa. Ashesi graduates are equipped to create innovative, practical solutions to Africa’s needs.