Family Care International
In 1986, when Family Care International was founded, the world was paying little attention to the hundreds of thousands of women dying in pregnancy and childbirth each year. FCI was the first international organization dedicated to maternal health, and is one of the world’s leading voices for political commitment, stronger policies, and more funding for programs that save women’s lives. FCI raises awareness, creates innovative solutions and tools, and implements effective programs that improve maternal and reproductive health outcomes in the communities where far too many women still die needlessly every day. With African offices in Burkina Faso, Kenya, and Mali —all staffed by local professionals — FCI worksin several countries in the region, as well as in other regions and at the global level, to:
- Mobilize communities, grassroots groups, and local leaders to improve maternal and reproductive health care and fight for the services they need
- Address the social and cultural barriers that prevent women and young people from using life-saving services
- Educate and empower young people to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy, infection, and sexual violence
- Advocate for the political will and financial investment to ensure that every woman gets the health care she needs during pregnancy and childbirth
- Help countries deliver high-quality, evidence-based, sustainable maternal and reproductive health services that are sensitive to local cultures and responsive to community needs
As testament to the impact of our work, FCI was the 2008 recipient of the United Nations Population Award.
Family Care International, Inc. is classified as a 501(c)(3) organization. Click below to view our most recent independent audit and IRS Form 990.
Donate Now to Family Care International
Your contribution will help us work with local partners and communities in remote villages in Africa to implement effective programs and services so that girls can avoid early pregnancy and women can get the care they urgently need during pregnancy and childbirth.
To donate to this member charity by check, please print our designation form and mail it with your check to
Aid for Africa
P.O. Box 8734
Topeka, KS 66608
CFC number explanation