- About Us
- Charity Organizations
- How To Help
- Member Services
Subscribe to Updates
Receive occasional updates about our work.
- A Taste of Life and Development in Kenya on the National Mall
- Why Are We Still Fighting Polio and Leprosy?
A Day to Raise Awareness of FGM and Early Child Marriage
On July 22 the British government and UNICEF are hosting the first annual Girl Summit to tackle female genital mutilation and child/forced marriages worldwide. In Sub Saharan Africa, 42 percent of girls marry before age 18 and one fifth of young girls undergo female genital mutilation. Take these steps below to raise awareness.
- Tweet: I want to end 2 of the biggest challenges facing girls today: child marriage & FGM. Join me! http://ctt.ec/2vdbB+ #GirlSummit
- Visit the official Girl Summit site.
- Sign our pledge: Say No to Female Genital Cutting
Who We Are
Aid for Africa is a charity alliance of U.S.-based nonprofits and their African partners working to help children, families, and communities throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
View our list of charity organizations, or find organizations working in a specific African country Select Country or on a specific issue Select Issue
Supports and preserves African art, music, dance, film, and literature. Builds appreciation for Africa's historical and current impact on world culture. Trains teachers and educates students worldwide.
© 2014 Aid for Africa, All Rights Reserved
Aid for Africa is a 501(c)(3)public charity.
Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.